Meham town is situated 30 km.west of Rohtak city on Rohtak Hisar N.H.No.10. Tradition assigns the settement of the town to Mahabharta period when it was a site of big fort. Later it was re-founded by Rai Ballu, a Power Rajput, before the reign of prithi Raj Chauhan. It is said to have been destroyed by Mohammad Gauri. But this place of antiquity is not historically recovered before the reign of Akbar, when he gave it in Jagir to Shahbaz Khan, an Afgan. later in the reign of Aurangzeb, it was santched from Afgans by the Rajputs Ancient monuments in the town includs a bain or baoli(well with steps leading to it) and two mosques i.e. jama Masjid and Pirzada Masjid. The baoli is having 101 steps and has suits of rooms neer the well. An inscription on a marble slab records the fact that it was made by Sidu, a chobdar in A.D.1656-57. It is made of Kankar ( Gravel) and sand stone. It is ,however, not the oldest baoli of the town, having been built to replace another one which had fallen into disuse due to change in the alignment of Delhi Hisar Road. The new baoli is towards the south of the town, while the old one is towards east. the jama Masjid,was constructed in the time of Humayu in A.D.1531, as seen from the inscription under the pulpit stairs. Outside and over the south arch is another scription of the time of Aurangazeb, A.D. 1667-68, stating that the mosque has built by Khawaja Rahmet Ullah. Two Arabic inscriptions also show that a mosque existed there even before the rein of Humayu. The pirzada Masjid is a small Masjid towards south of Jama Masjid built in the reign ofd Babar by Sheikh Yasaf of Hisar as per inscription.
How to Reach :
The nearest airport is Indira Gandhi International airport is at a distance of 115 kms.
The nearest railway station is Rohtak Junction is at a distance of 35 kms.
Rohtak Bus Stand and distance from Bus Stand to Historic Place is 3 KM